Happy 16th Birthday, Bostonbrat.net!
I can’t believe I’ve kept this site for 16 years. Sure, I think the name is lame as hell but this was the best I could come up with back in ’02. So many things have changed since I launched this website all those years ago:
- Three presidential administrations (Bush, Obama, Trump)
- The Patriots have gone to seven more Super Bowls, winning four
- I’ve watched the Red Sox win three titles, the Celtics and Bruins win one each
- I’ve had four jobs, finally finding my current career
- Four boyfriends, too, finally finding the love of my life
- I’ve visited Disney World six times (2004, 2006, 2012, 2016, 2017, and 2018)
- In fact, I’ve visited a lot of places: 12 states and two countries
- In 2002, I had a flip phone. Today, I’d literally die without my iPhone
- I’ve had five cars, including one that blew up in my school’s parking lot
- I discovered my favorite hobby, knitting
- My two nephews were born and I don’t know how I ever lived life without them
- I lost a ton of weight, gained it all back, lost it again, and gained it all back
- Watched the rise and fall of Friendster and Myspace, the rise of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Pfffwww that’s a lot of stuff and I’m sure there’s a lot more I’m forgetting. I don’t know if this site will still be around in another 16 years but we’ll see!