Alright, so everyone up in dez parts is readying up for “Truck Day” (the day when the Red Sox equipment truck leaves for Florida), the Celtics now hold the worst record in of the entire NBA, and the NHL is still on strike (oh, they’re playing again? Oops.). What the hell am I supposed to do until July?!
It might be getting redundant for you, my wonderful website reader, for me to constantly complain about having no football on Sundays. I’m sure you’re all sick of my whining. “Okay, Angela. We get it… you miss football.” Bear with me here… this is my first Sunday with nothing. *sigh*
So, I decided to make a list of things I can do to take my mind off of the lack of NFL, and keep myself busy until Training Camp.
1. Get a job for the weekends. It can’t hurt, I’ll be too busy whining about work to think about missing football.
2. Take up mountain biking. I’ll burn calories and be in great physical shape for next season. Hey, cheering and screaming at the TV requires a lot of energy, ya know.
3. Get into NASCAR. I could try my hardest to overlook the fact that they are just driving around a big circle over and over and over and over and over…. who am I kidding? I hate NASCAR.
4. Develop alcoholism. A 30-pack a day should suffice. I’ll be too drunk to care about football.
5. Watch the rebroadcast of Super Bowl 36 that I tivoed every Sunday and pretend that it is, in fact, still football season.
If all else fails, I could always just spend time with my family and friends. They all get neglected during the season. Poor babies.