Angela attends Patriots Training Camp

Written by Angela

Topics: Sports, The Daily Bullshit

To say the least, today was AMAZING and totally worth the wait. I took 5 jillion pictures, got sharpie marks all over my arm thanks to some overzealous dude behind me, practically got sweated on by Adalius Thomas and Laurence Maroney, came within one foot of true genius and spent $200 in the Pro Shop.

You’ll have to visit Mike Reiss for a professional analysis of the camp, but I can mention that I saw Eric Alexander do some pretty extraordinary moves while stretching. Kelley Washington was having a blast with the crowd. Every time he raised his hand, people went nuts.

People also went nuts when the players started signing autographs. Grown adults pushing and shoving like children… no, not like children because the children there weren’t doing that crap… I guess it’s the punishment for getting there early and sitting right up front. The moment coaches started yelling, “Field Goal,” which I guess most people assumed meant the end of practice, these grown men started kicking me as I sat trying to get as close as possible. When I stood up, I was shoved against the ropes. Some guy literally used my shoulders as stabilization while he leaned as far forward as he could when Tom Brady walked past. I had stranger arms over both shoulders AND my head! Insanity!

But the best part of today was it got me back into a football state of mind. It’s been hard after you know what to even think about it but I’m ready. I’m really ready. Bring on the Chiefs!

ADDENDUM: I almost forgot to mention that Tedy Bruschi signed almost every autograph he could. I mean, seriously, the guy took forever to make it around the bleachers and to the end zone. And then when a horn sounded, he wanted to sign more but told us he couldn’t, but relented anyway and signed more. I hope he didn’t get in trouble with Belichick.

8 Comments Comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

1. Ernie says:

Glad the weather held out and you had a good time!

2. Angela says:

It rained heavily all morning so we all had wet asses from sitting in the grass, but it was so worth it.

3. doug says:

best post.

4. nyg#1 says:

They’ll always be remembered as the 18-1 team that almost did it! ELI FTW!!

5. Angela says:

Even the biggest news of our day will be forgotten over time nyg.

6. Ginger says:

I was there too and it was insane when the guys signed autographs. I got shoved and my feet stomped on…I have a huge bruise from where the rope hit me all from being pushed in the the rope so hard and shoved against it for a while. NONE of the guys stayed long in our section cause of the pushing…everyone who walked by signed 1 autograph and that was it. Can’t say I blame them though. People need to calm down. I almost got hit in the face as some woman shoved her arm past me with a football in her hand to try to get Brady to sign it. INSANE. But like you said it was so worth it I had the best time. I love my boys and am willing to take a beating now and then to be near them. haha. In fact I plan on doing it again tonight lol.

7. gambitNJ says:

You were one foot behind a true genius?? I didnt know that the entire Yankees organization was at Patriots camp!!!

8. Angela says:

Ginger, isn’t it amazing how grown men act? And by amazing, I mean, pathetic.

Gambit, I didn’t see any Yankees as training camp. I just saw our genius, Bill Belichick, so close I could’ve reached out and touched him. I’d expect a better comment coming from you. I’m disappointed. :(

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!